A barrister and part-time judge will go on trial today accused of trying to pervert the course of justice in connection with the Chris Huhne case.
Constance Briscoe, who has been suspended since her arrest in October 2012, denies three counts of intending to pervert the course of public justice.
The first charge alleges that, between May 16 2011 and October 6 2012, the 56-year-old provided police with two statements that were inaccurate, and the second alleges that on October 6 she produced a copy of her witness statement that had been altered, and maintained it was the correct version.
A third count alleges that between October 5 2012 and October 8 2013, Briscoe falsified a document.
The trial is taking place at Southwark Crown Court in London and is expected to last between two and three weeks.
Briscoe - wearing a grey outfit and with her hair tied back - looked on as the jury panel of five men and seven women were sworn in yesterday.
The judge in the case, Mr Justice Nicol, told the jury members that they must not talk about the case to anyone outside of the panel, and warned them not to undertake any research, whether on the internet or otherwise.
After being charged in June last year, Briscoe, of Crescent Grove, Clapham, south London, said she was "deeply distressed" by the allegations and vowed to fight them in court.
Huhne and his ex-wife Vicky Pryce received eight-month prison sentences after it emerged that she took driving penalty points for him a decade ago.
The former energy secretary pleaded guilty on the first day of a planned joint trial in February last year, and economist Pryce was later convicted by a jury. Both have now been released from jail.